“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead, they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.16In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:15-16 (NIV)
Not only does participating in the Arts allow our students the opportunity to shine, and enjoy their artistic ability, but studies show that arts can play a critical role in improving the academic performance of students.
According to a study by Stanford University and Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, young people who participate in the arts are:
- 4 times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement
- 3 times more likely to be elected to class office within their schools
- 4 times more likely to participate in a math and science fair
- 3 times more likely to win an award for school attendance
- Participate in youth groups nearly four times as frequently
- Read for pleasure nearly twice as often
- Perform community service more than four times as often
At Liberty Prep, we celebrate the arts and encourage our students to participate through many different ways.
Performances will take place
at LIFE Fellowship Church
20010 Chartown Dr., Cornelius, NC
on April 16th and 17th!
To purchase tickets, follow these steps:
1. Log on to www.ticketworx.net
2. Create a profile or log in to an existing profile.
3. Select the Rubies and Emeralds: Stories From Oz event.
4. Select the dates and tickets you would like to purchase. Promo codes can be input at checkout.
5. You can opt to pay via debit/credit card or with cash/check at the door.
Space is limited, so secure your spot today!
We hope to see you there!
The Arts are important to us at Liberty Prep. God has given each of us talents that we want to showcase for His glory, whether that talent is singing, acting, sewing, costume design, set design, stage help, marketing, audio & visual, photography, or video, we can put that talent to good use!
Our talented drama teacher and Theatre Director, Mrs. Heather (Baynes) Archer, paved the way to an amazing beginning of our overall theater program. Liberty Prep’s first musical, Seussical Jr., in the spring of 2014, was a huge success!
We usually have a fall play and a spring musical each year, as well as several theater-based electives for middle and high school. In addition to these productions, we have an annual Christmas program, featuring music and skits from all grade levels, as well as our annual Talent Show, one of the most entertaining nights of the year!
Theatre Photo Albums
Click on an album to see images. Click on images for a full view.