What is Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF)?
- Our vision: To support the teachers and staff of LPCA; to nurture the special relationship between parents, teachers and staff.
- Our goal: Build community and school spirit, provide fun fellowship opportunities, serve our teachers and staff, and help raise funds for classroom needs and special projects. This year, we are focusing on raising funds for new elementary school playground equipment.
Who is PTF?
- LPCA PTF includes all faculty and families. In other words, you are welcome to join us! We would love for each family to play a part in contributing to the school through volunteering. It is a great way to connect with other parents and build relationships.
- Our structure typically consists of a leadership team/ board composed of the President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Family/Social Chair, Fundraising Chair, and Staff Appreciation Chair. The Boosters President & the Staff Liaison are also adjunct members of the PTF Board.
- The leadership team is greatly assisted by volunteers. We can’t do it without you! Volunteering with PTF does not mean you have to be a board member, and you don’t have to make a long-term commitment or attend a bunch of meetings.
- We welcome those who are interested in leadership, those who can pitch in on a regular basis, and those who are able to help one time. Serve where you enjoy serving and serve as your time allows.
What does PTF do?
- In the past, PTF has organized great events like our annual Harvest Festival, Daddy – Daughter & Mother – Son celebrations, provided food and treats for staff, run uniform re-sales, sponsored book fairs, coordinated car line, collected Box Tops, planned spirit nights at local restaurants, and so much more!
- This year, and every year, we will serve new families & families in need, encourage our staff, and lend a helping hand with any project at school (moving, etc.).
- PTF raises money to provide LPCA with non-budgeted classroom and school materials, as well as to help fund PTF events and staff meetings.
- This year, proceeds from many of our events will go towards the playground equipment fund. HOORAY!!
- PTF also coordinates with, and supports, the LPCA Boosters Club.
What can YOU do?
- Pray for the LPCA Community!
- Volunteer! One time or many times. E-mail email@example.com or find one of the PTF board members to add your name to our list. We will send a few school-wide sign-ups throughout the year, but we try to start by reaching out to our volunteer list.
- Come to school events! Have some fun with your Patriot family.
- Clip, save, and turn in Box Tops/Scan your grocery receipts for Box Tops.
- Link your (and your family & friends’) Publix and Harris Teeter grocery accounts to Liberty Prep. Re-link every August.
- NEW! Label and organize your kids’ stuff: Order Mabel’s Labels at mabelslabels.com. You can support us by choosing Liberty Prep PTF from the menu.
Contact Us: LibertyPrepPTF@gmail.com
Check the Patriot Portal for 2020- 2021 PTF Board individual’s contact information.
Ginger D. Rushing is a believer in Jesus Christ, wife to Craig, mom to Ashley, occasional writer, witty conversationalist, and semi-professional dog wrangler. She is a former communication professional and a current stay-at-home mom/gold-level rewards member at Starbucks. Ginger is a proud South Carolinian as well as a graduate of Nashville’s Belmont University. Before moving to North Carolina in 2010, she lived in Washington, DC for a decade, and loved (almost) every minute; most especially the moment she met her husband Craig. They are excited to be involved in the LPCA community and grateful to God for this incredible school. Go Patriots!
Isaiah 40:31 “Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.”
Tim & Cindy Carmichael have two daughters at LPCA, Merritt & Whit, both in high school.
Cindy and her husband serve on the Lake Norman Young Life committee, which is a ministry focused on introducing high school students to a real relationship with Jesus Christ. As well as working with young people, Cindy loves being a part of organizing simple ways to show love for the staff at Liberty Prep.
Having amazing people working with our students makes staff appreciation an easy job!
Debbie Garrett has worked with children and youth for over 20 years. She has worked in childcare, volunteered in youth ministry, worked for two different Christian camps and conference centers, and even volunteered in a center for troubled teens. Debbie studies child psychology at Liberty University where she met the love of her life. She has been married to Nate Garrett for almost 17 years. As a pastor’s wife, she partnered with her husband for over 15 years in local youth ministry. For the past 4 years, she has traveled around with Nate and their two children, to camps, conferences, and events around the country in full-time evangelism, where they have seen thousands make decisions for Christ. They have been a part of Liberty Prep since its beginning. Their son Luke is in 10th grade and their daughter Leia is in 7th. Nate became the Campus Pastor at Liberty in the fall of 2018. Debbie has loved being a part of PTF and she hopes to impact our school in a positive way that ultimately brings glory to the name of Jesus.
Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me.”
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 9 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: 10 If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.
Kady English is beginning her first year as a part of the LPCA PTF Board working to show our appreciation for the school’s amazing faculty and staff. Originally from West Palm Beach, Florida, Kady studied Hospitality and Event Management as well as Educational Leadership at the University of Central Florida in Orlando and did her time working for the Mouse driving boats and recruiting college students, then at UCF in the Office of Student Conduct. Prior to relocating to Mooresville, Kady served as Vice President and Staff Appreciation Chair at her son’s elementary school in Orlando, Florida. Additionally, she is involved with Children’s and Sunday School ministries at Community in Christ Lutheran Church in Cornelius and enjoys teaching young children to love Jesus. Along with her husband, Adam, there is Hannah, who is in first grade at LPCA, and Bradley is in fifth grade at Woodland Heights Elementary, where Kady volunteers in the Art classroom. She has also just begun her second year co-leading a Girl Scout Troop in Mooresville. She is looking forward to spreading joy across the campus through staff appreciation.
Matthew 5:16 Let your light shine before others that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Carissa Bragg is the Treasurer of the LPCA PTF. She works with the board to ensure PTF resources are used wisely to best serve LPCA students and staff. Carissa grew up in Cape Girardeau, MO. She is a proud graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology where she majored in Biology and Chemical Engineering. After graduation, Carissa worked in a Cambridge, MA biotech company prior to relocating to North Carolina. Carissa has been married to her high school sweetheart Nathan for 13 years. They are the proud parents of Aaron in 3rd grade and Isaac in 1st grade.
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 1 John 4:7-8